Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters

Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters
Polly, Julia, Barbara

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Sister Emily

Polly's Postings

This is our sister Emily.

What a delight in seeing her interest in sewing take on a new sparkle.
Growing up she had a really dear friend, Queena.  They spent many hours and days playing together as children and continue to be friends today.


Queena and I both married Delaware boys and moved away from our homes in Virginia to make new homes in Delaware.   We are privileged to both attend the same Mennonite church here in Greenwood.
Yesterday our sewing circle met for it's monthly sewing and Queena brought along a little blanket she wanted me to see.


She told me that my sister Emily had made it for her 30 years ago for her first child.  Queena treasures this little quilt.
Here are some close up shots of Emily's beautiful hand quilting.



I thank the Lord for Sisters! ...and friends who save little quilts!



4 comments:

JacsSacs said...

What a sweet, little heirloom! Sister and friends are the BEST -- epecially when they are all wrapped up in one!

Anonymous said...

Polly, that is so sweet.
-coleensr

Julia said...

It has been interesting to watch Emily's interest in quilting grow. I am impressed with the little baby quilt she made. I wonder what other treasures she hasn't showed us!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Polly, your post was so sweet.It really warmed my heart and reminded me to be thankful for my sisters! Jillian