Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters

Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters
Polly, Julia, Barbara

Friday, December 28, 2012

Square in a Square Pineapple

Back in May I gave a demonstration to the PTQ on how to make this easy, what I call a “Square in a Square Pineapple” block. We worked on the blocks after our meetings and at workshops and finally got the quilt top finished. I volunteered to take it home to quilt it.
IMG_0321

Over the holidays I cranked up my Bernina and went to work.
IMG_1293

Now it’s all finished and ready to take back to the PTQ for our inventory of charity quilts
IMG_0323

I ironed fabric to freezer paper and sent it through the printer to make the label.
IMG_0325

Ashton was such a good sport helping me get a photo of it.
IMG_0309


IMG_0313

Enough is enough … and away he went!
IMG_0315

I love the rainbow colors and I think the bright yellow binding sets it off perfectly for a “happy” quilt.

IMG_0341

IMG_0316

StaticsName: Square in a Square Pineapple
Size: 52” X 39”
Technique: Machine pieced & machine quilted
Fiber: 100% cotton
Made by the Possum Town Quilters
2012



9 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

It is a beautiful and happy quilt!
Have a great day.
Always, Queeenie

javediqbal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elsie Hodge @Split-Site PhD said...

The colours you have chosen for this square in a square pineapple block are really bright. I love seeing the splash of color, it makes a drab day come alive. It seems like it takes a lot of practice to get to the point where you can call this easy.


Please visit My Webblog

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I appreciate you sharing this article.Thanks Again. Much obliged. More Information

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing this information. I have been looking for this information and appreciate your effort.
find more

imrankhanpromises said...

This is a great post. I like this topic. This site has lots of advantage. I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways. Thanks for posting this again.visit our site

Anonymous said...

How do I order the Cactus Rose table topper pattern

Anonymous said...

Help! Where can I get the Cactus Rose table topper pattern?