Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters

Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters
Polly, Julia, Barbara

Monday, December 3, 2012

Another Mystery Quilt

--Polly Posts--
Another Mystery Quilt!
Some of you might remember that this time last year I made a mystery quilt called Orca Bay.   It was a fun challenge and especially so because my sister Julia was also joining in the mystery.
Here we are with our finished quilts last year.


This years mystery quilt is called Easy Street!



Thanks to Bonnie Hunter for putting this challenge together.   You can check in on her "Linky" page and follow over 200 other women who are taking on this project.

I decided to go with the color pallet that Bonnie suggested of purples, teals, lime green and grey.

 

These colors just didn't seem to go together for me until I saw this one piece of fabric in my stash.  It included all her colors and I now LOVE the combination!



Last week after I did Clue #1, which was to sew 192  4-patch blocks I spent some time ironing the seams while I watched Bonnie streaming live on her blog.



That got me to thinking......why can't I have a mini sewing retreat with my sisters?

So this past Saturday while I was working on Clue #2, making 128 flying geese blocks,  I sewed with 3 of my sisters via Skype.  Now how fun is that!!!



Thanks Barbara, Emily and Julia for the two hours of sewing fun.



I now have my 128 flying geese blocks done.





Clue #3 will be given on Friday but that day  our plans are to travel out to Michigan for an early Christmas with some of our children.   Clue #3 will have to wait.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Hi there

Can I just say that I have been following your blogs, along with your sisters too for a long time, and I thoroughly enjoy reading about your life and your wonderful family. I'm just about to do the Easy STreet quilt, when I can find some time. Thankyou once again for sharing your life with your readers.

Suzie