Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters

Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters
Polly, Julia, Barbara

Friday, June 24, 2011

Misty's Quilt

Polly's Posting:

This past week my granddaugter Misty spent some precious days with me.
She brought along a little quilt that we had made together a couple years ago.   I had forgotten to sign it and she wanted me to do that.


This brought back some memories of two years ago when we were working on the quilt.    The string blocks are a great beginners block to make and Misty didn't have any trouble catching on how to do it.


Her little sister Summer jumped right in on the fun!



Later that year I spent a week-end in Mississippi with my sister's Julia and Barbara.
Julia let me dig in her wonderful stash for fabrics to make the butterflies on the front.


Talk about a wonderful closet full of lush beautiful cotton fabrics!  Julia, your closet is a dream.   Thanks for being so generous with it!

Barbara helping with the placement of the butterflies.


Grandma Polly & Misty
with the signed and completed quilt.

3 comments:

Vania said...

Siete veramente molto brave,anche le bambine ! Vi seguo con molto piacere.
Un saluto dall'Italia.
Vania di
Arabafenicequiltshop.blogspot.com

My Life and Quilting said...

What a lovely Granddaughter... And sewing so young.. How lucky is see, The quilt is beautiful and I just love the Butterflies... Hugs :)

Miss Hillbilly said...

Beautiful. Beautiful little girls, beautiful quilt, beautiful time together!