Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters

Three Mennonite Quilting Sisters
Polly, Julia, Barbara

Friday, October 14, 2011

Posted by Barbara

Last weekend my good friend and co-worker, Linda invited me to join her at the Extra Ordinary Women's Conference in Lynchburg.
 

We had a lot of fun and were inspired by well known Christian artists.  In the end we got to see and hear Sarah Palin.


Here are a few of the Quilters Guild of the Bluegrass ladies in Lexington Ky. who took my class Chinese Checkers this summer.  It is always a delight to see finished quilts.


Carla is working on "Star Spin" quilt at Patchwork Plus.   

Autumn has done a lot of the mowing this summer.  I am amazed at how fast the yard can be mowed with the zero turn.


Benjamin and Autumn tuning up.


Next weekend I will be doing an open house in my home for the Virginia Quilt Museum.

 On Saturday, October 22, 1-4 pm I will open my home for a show
of  quilts. There will be quilts that have been featured at the

Paducah Quilt Show, Quilt Odyssey, Mid-Atlantic and Hoffman

Challenge as well as quilts from my book “Star Struck

Quilts.” 
The tour includes refreshments and
the cost is $15 per person.
Call the VQM at 540-433-3818 or email them at info@vaquiltmuseum.org 

No comments: